Thursday, November 26, 2009

No point in having a point

Really it is point less. I mean when you say something which to you appears as simple as saying "that woman there in blue is known to me". And people around you are up in arms "that is definitely not blue, may be turquoise but definitely not blue" or " how can you assume that that person is a woman, I think it is because of your prejudice against women in short hair". I feel like pulling my hair, pulling them off their roots that they can see that they may have a point but that was not the point. Anyhow, such has been the communication between me and the rest of the world that I have set up a challenge for myself. Try to actively listen to others, i.e without switching off, but let the urge to say something come and go. Essentially shut up for a change. So as we walked up to the venue of an urgent meeting, I couldn't resist telling a couple of my colleagues about my resolution. While they were impressed that I didn't even wait till the new year for a resolution, they know me so well that they bet me a dinner if I could pull it off even for the up coming meeting. Oh how I sat through it only I know but I actually managed to earn my dinner after an hour's concentrated effort. After the meeting, the careful observer may have noticed my straight run to the eatery nearby with a friend. And yes the paav was warmed up in butter and the bhajee had a liberal dash of butter and there was a spoonful of butter just in case someone was missing the point. It was damn comforting.

No comments: