Monday, December 14, 2009

Tete a tete with a T

The first thing any T-shirt of RRJ is subjected to in our home is removal of its brand tag. Just so that the synthetic piece of cloth doesn't become the epicenter of an extensive itching operation. While subjecting the third degree to the latest entrant to RRJ's wardrobe, a gift from friends, I got to read the following message written on the back of the tag

"Dear Mom
Wash me with tender loving care
I am allergic to dhobis
Iron me inside out
Buy me more often
Ta ta bye bye

PS: We'd like to get your kid hooked into the goodness of Tantra early on in life. That way he/she can grow up to be a 'free' spirit, and we can grow old to be respectable billionaires."

Such a cute ad! Made me almost keep the tag-letter with the T-shirt.

4 comments:

chestnut said...

I hate the brand tag near the neck with vengeance. None of my clothes will have it (I make sure) and one time, I went so crazy with the itching, that I literally tore it off my kurta standing in an elevator, tearing a significant part of the fabric as well!

But the tag on RRJ's t-shirt is very cure albeit the shameless pushy advertising of "buy me more often!"..but the 'p.s' makes up for it.. Hope you are having a relaxing time..

chestnut said...

BTW, is this 'tantra' same as here:http://www.tantrauniverse.com/

They have a store in Spencer's Plaza and they have some whacky and fun t-shirts for adults as well. One of my favourites:
http://www.tantrauniverse.com/images/uploaded/large_a5d1ad18e383c160b9f5e5b91ecfa69a.jpeg

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

I love those tshirts.

Bannu said...

chestnut: not nutty about tags are we? Same tantra. Have you got that particular T? Can't imagine how would people react in chennai or for that matter in agra. Had a nice time in blore.

kbpm: I didn't know about them till now!