Friday, November 20, 2009

On my way to pee

Cooler climes in Chennai are so very welcome. It is just wonderful to not have the sun beating down your head or sweat trickling along your back. The rains come and everything looks so fresh and green. Comes along the season of the heavenly fruit seetaphal, yes that is what even I call it now after fighting for years that seetaphal is kaddu and not shareefa. And these are the few months when I am able to wear trousers and jeans in Chennai without feeling suffocated my waist downward. These are also the months when the nature is on a speed dial. To attend these calls when I rush out of my office locking the door, I prefer not to gather any company along the corridor, but of course today I see a student and strike a polite conversation as we walked up to the T junction all the while hoping the guy turns left there but nope! Turning right both of us knew our respective destinations, the student found it too embarrassing and dashed ahead to maintain a distance before the men's room provided him the refuge. I tried not to laugh as the bladder was too full and my refuge was a bit further away.

3 comments:

kd said...

I cant help but laugh when I read this...

Bannu said...

Aha kd, and does it get fairly cold there?

kd said...

Cold? you mean here? No - the days become pleasant, a little less humid, the sun more comforting....that is winter here.