Sunday, October 18, 2009

Piles to go before I sleep

Accidents do happen. Against all your hopes and prayers they do. A misguided rocket entered into our other bedroom, making a big hole in the netlon and landing right in the middle of the piles of exam papers that I was one eighteenth done with. Boom, how that boom 'broke' our 'ghoom'. I entered the room, the sight was most alarming. The mattress was up in flames and the fire was rapidly consuming the pages and pages of clearly written answer sheets of the exam last week. In my attempts to quash the fire I had to use what I could lay my hands on, which was one of the piles which was still intact. I dumped it on the fire which seemed to do the trick. It became all very smoky and there were a few minor flare ups which needed some more quashing. I found the exam paper copies and the solution and the marking scheme neatly kept on the side. They also went and thankfully the fire was gone, phew! And then it struck me that with the fire was gone every little evidence of the exam I gave last week to my class. Dear me! What will I do, I can't possibly conduct another exam. Perhaps I will just prorate the previous mid-term's marks which was conducted as well as corrected by the co-teacher while was gallivanting in Malta. Yeah, prorate we did, just like the exams got canceled because earth quakes consumed my school on a monthly basis and presentations got postponed as the power-grid near by collapsed, no power no power point etc. etc. We all know that line of thought.

As if it was not painful enough, RRJ, knowing his mother well, has taken the responsibility of representing each student's case. Now I have to justify why I am giving anyone less than 10, you see esteemed lawyer Ben10 has a got a thing for number ten. Any less and he is up in arms. I am sure there is some silver lining to all this, I don't know what that may be....

2 comments:

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

Ha ha! I thought it was true!! silly me!

Bannu said...

kbpm, it was a bit of attention seeking mislead. Seems to have worked though.