Friday, October 9, 2009

Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham

Just finished a class and I am fluttering like a butterfly. There is something so crazy about the way butterflies flutter from one place to another. They go zig zag on a completely random path, one minute they look static and the next they are a meter away. Said simply, I am very bouncy and just so full of myself. Let me explain, today's class being in the post lunch hour tends to be very difficult, as most students come just for the attendance. If they remain awake then prefer the local chit-chat over the global event of my lecture. In a class of 150 students under the conditions I mention it is of course note worthy that in the last quarter of the class today I managed to engage the class in a discussion which led to them developing some of the ideas rather than me telling it step by step. Yay I feel like Kapil Dev would have felt holding the world cup in 1983. It is that rare an event.

Then there are days right after the class when I sulk for hours, shout at others and counter argue anything anybody has to say. Just because I couldn't answer the simplest of questions which results in more local chit-chat and the global lecture becomes a local event for me in which I mutter and stutter and doodle on the board and rub the doodle and more doodle. Boo hoo I feel like every other captain of Indian cricket team ever since then.

There is not an iota of doubt in my mind that if not few at least one person in the classroom is following the course very closely. The exam next week will surely confirm that that person is only me.

1 comment:

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

sometimes i feel like if i have learned something for myself from the class, its good enough. forget the rest of the crowd!