Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A thought for the pod

Finally, I could get a whiff of the raw garlic in salad. Mmmmmm....yum. It has been now almost a week and a half since I started to lose my sense of taste and smell. Mealtimes were becoming like a chore that had to be taken care of which is completely unlike me. I love food. For all my claims to be a pretty robust system, in last couple of months I have my fair share of illness. I guess non-semester time is the only time when such collapses are not as disruptive and body is kind of keeping that in mind. The good thing is that some of those extra kilos have shed but the bad thing is that the little paunch was not part of those.

Coming back to garlic. I just love the taste of raw garlic. Not by itself but what it does to hummus, guacamole, bruschetta and even coconut chutney. Off late since I got this cute little wooden cutting board (from Currimbhoys at Adyar signal) which is used only for cutting things to be eaten raw we are having salads regularly. One of the favourites is capsicum, cucumber, tomato, a pod of garlic, little mustard oil, salt, little sugar and a little lime juice tossed together. A sprinkling of powdered pepper in the end. Makes an absolutely delicious combination. I think it tastes even better if the veggies are cut in thin regtangular shapes and tomatoes in a shape that is quarter of a slice, if only I knew the name for that shape.

2 comments:

Rahul Basu said...

And here I thought you had some deep thoughts about the iPod!

Bannu said...

For technology and deep thought, it is your blog that is sought.