Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Please make me cry

Seeing Sandra Bullock in news for her win at Oscars followed by troubled relations with husband, I was reminded of her movie that I saw during my student days: Hope Floats. While it is rated to be a very average movie, I absolutely loved it. And I seriously think I liked it so much at that time because it gave me a chance to cry when I was in desperate need of one.

Perhaps it is ironic but to be happy, energetic, blissful and not too touchy what I need is a hearty weep on a regular basis. Works like magic. Not only the tear ducts get a thorough cleaning, but more importantly it acts like a cleanser for my soul, clears out all the clogged emotions specially the negative ones and restores general well being like nothing else. But the thing with things that you want to cry about is that they can happen any time, they don't wait when you have the essentials like time and the privacy. Growing up you get to know that at such times all that you can do is to shrug it off. The little snub that was so unexpected, or the insult that went through your heart, the rude/ nasty others or the rude/nasty yourself and sadness of all kinds. While one would like to shed a tear or more for each, but it is never an appropriate time. It all kind of adds up and multiplies in the look out for a trigger. If people around me are lucky then I catch a movie before I catch them. A movie which creates those moments which tug at my heart, tug it strong enough to open up that fat and big bundle that lies somewhere deep inside. That bundle which needs to be cleared every now and then for me to regain my ability to take things in stride, be sporting, be hopeful and start off all over again.

No comments: