Saturday, July 18, 2009

How mean can I be?

The answer to that is as much as you want. When people without provocation go out of their way to come in my way, I am forced to find the 'mean me'. The one that squints her eyes, clenches her teeth, pulls her breath and lands an uppercut with a force belying her diminutive figure. The one that loves to see knees wobble and people fall down. Each time my hope is that I won't need 'mean me' or her ruthlessness anymore but people are people. Last week very reluctantly I had to engage her services yet again. The 'mean me' looked mighty pleased with the e-punch that she delivered. Seems to have bought peace for sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Anu,

Mean-me are such fun, why restrain them? whether people are people or beasts release is a necessity. Hence I am all for cussing (verbal violence, better than tearing one's hair especially when one is in this precarious age-group of falling hair) and bitching. Next time someone tries to one up on you, send them this irreverent take on life:
http://xkcd.com/291/

I have it posted in my office right in front of me and is a great perspective booster!

Lakshmi said...

Maybe I should get some training from you. There are times when I really want to be mean, but don't know how !