Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Tryst with Sister Shivani

My aunt's late evenings are practically booked for her meeting with sister Shivani and I for one week at her place got a chance to be a part of these meetings. It was very timely for me because all evidences had been stacking up to prove quite consistently that I am a person of finite resources (energy and time) which evidently everybody is, but then I have these infinite expectations to be met and infinitesimal patience to handle anything that I consider not quite up to my liking to make life a tad too exciting. Listening to her was really nice in the sense I could completely identify with the difficult situations that she was talking about. Her interpretation and some pointers to how to deal with them and even better how to avoid such situation sounded so refreshing and also quite doable. While there were several pearls of wisdom, the one that got stuck in my mind and I am hoping to work on is "to not want to write the script for others". The next step "to not want to judge and analyse every action of others". Oooh that will be a hard one!

No comments: