Friday, May 2, 2014

No cheese... please


My brain is getting a little crispy at the moment. I believe it is the time of the year to be blamed. Not just the heat but also the pace at which deadlines seem to hurl themselves at me around this time. Combined with the fact that I am not a born multi-tasker, it seems like a toil that will last till mid-May. After that you are gonna hear me ROAR......

I have slowly weened myself out of the urge to bake bread or pizza as the unpredictability of the yeast behavior is hardly encouraging. Nilgiri's ready made pizza bases are a decent substitute for homemade ones. And finally I have found a great substitute for cheese also. A cup of steam cashews, ground with 4 tsps of sesame oil, 3 tbsps (or more) of vinegar, 3 pods of garlic, salt and pepper. A thick paste which I sometimes flavour with mint leaves or/and tulasi leaves. It stays for a week easily in the fridge.

BEFORE ..............

......... AFTER. 




No comments: