Monday, September 6, 2010

Are you listening?

During the summer vacation, happened to meet one of my father's colleagues who has known me since I was a child.
"So what is his name?" looking at RRJ who was upto some mischief at a distance.
"R" and as is usual, trying to fill the gap in the conversation, I added, "he is very naughty. Doesn't really listen to me at all".
"Haha ho ho, funny that you say so. I mean, do you remember any day, when you listened to what your parents had to say?"

It seems like I am paying back for my misdeeds from then on. In fact somedays I wonder if anyone actually pays heed to what I say. Forget about others, do I listen to myself? You needn't have the sharpest of brain to know that the answer is a resounding no. It is too hard to follow all those detailed instructions and let oneself be managed at the sub-micron-scale. Haah, but no getting away from me you see, now I have got the phone setup so that it rings every now and then reminding me of my own instructions. In the middle of a conversation over coffee, I check my ringing phone and it asks me, "blabbering?".

No comments: